Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Invitations, Using SendOutCards

Whether you love catching up with long-lost cousins or dread the inevitable cheek-pinch from your Aunt Edith, family reunions are a great way to reconnect with the family. And with many modern families scattered all over the country or even the globe, reunions are increasingly taking on a greater significance.

Because individual members often have to fly or drive long distances to be together, many families are opting to upgrade their reunions from an afternoon at Granny's house to a longer getaway, such as a weekend in the mountains or a few days at the beach. For folks who like to travel, it's a double bonus; you get to catch up with your relatives and explore a new place at the same time.

I used SendOutCards to INVITE my family to our Reunion in Bismarck, ND.  It was actually my Birthday Party, but with every family member, but one, attending, I like to refer to it as a Family Reunion as well.

My family came from Minnesota, Texas, Washington and California.  They came on various days and left on various days.  From July 22nd to August 4th. 

I missed many days of blogging, but I wouldn't change a thing.  Being with my family is the most important thing in my life.
I send them greeting cards, not just when they have a birthday, anniversry or have a baby. I send them just to say hi, tell them I am thinking of them, or just to give them some encouragement or congratulations.

 

With SendOutCards, I can choose a card, add my comments, maybe a photo or two and then just click SEND. If you would like to try it, just Click Here

If today, August 7th is your birthday, then this SendOutCard is for you.



Some famous people who were born on August 7th are:

Sidney Crosby turns 26
Carl Alfalfa Switzer (1927 - 1959)
Mike Trout turns 22
Charlize Theron turns 38
Francesca Eastwood turns 20
David Duchovny turns 53
Bruce Dickinson turns 55
Billie Burke (1884 - 1970)
Josh Franceschi turns 23
Megan Gale turns 38
Tobin Bell turns 71
David Mann turns 47
Abbie Cornish turns 31
Helen Flanagan turns 23
Samantha Ronson turns 36
Eric Johnson turns 34
Michael Shannon turns 39
Liam James turns 17
Wayne Knight turns 58
Garrison Keillor turns 71
Harold Perrineau turns 50

(Click on the name for more information about the person)

On August 7, 1959, the U.S. Penny design changes from Sheaves of Wheat to the Lincoln Memorial.

On August 7, 1944, IBM created the Harvard Mark I, the first program controlled calculator.

On August 7, 1927, the Peace Bridge, connecting the United States and Canada, opens.

On August 7, 2007, Barry Bonds breaks Hank Aaron's home run record, smashing his 756th homer in San Francisco.

SOMETHING TO SMILE ABOUT

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope to see you again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment