Sunday, May 5, 2013

Spring Has Sprung!

We, here in Eastern WA are having great, warm, sunshiny weather.  Makes a person want to send a warm, sunny greeting card to all of their friends and family.

This is what I would send.  A Card with this picture of 5 girls from Wilbur, WA.  One was chosen Miss Wilbur and another one was chosen 1st runner up.  That would be my granddaughter, Emily.
She is the last one pictured here and the tallest one.

They are standing in front of their beautiful float, which took 1st place in their division.  This is their first parade and is the first of about 6 or 7 coming Saturdays. 




If today, May 5th is your birthday, then this SendOutCard is for you.





Some famous people who were born on May 5th are:
  • Pat Caroll turns 86
  • Brooke Hogen turns 25
  • Tyrone Power (1914-1958)
  • Craig David turns 32
  • Tammy Wynette (1942-1998)
  • John Rhys-davies turns 69
  • Brian Williams turns 54
  • Devin Townsend turns 41


SOMETHING TO SMILE ABOUT



The Computer Swallowed Grandma!
Yes, honestly it's true.
She pressed 'control' and 'enter'
And disappeared from view.
It devoured her completely
The thought just makes me squirm.
She must have caught a virus
Or been eaten by a worm.
I've searched through the recycle bin
And files of every kind;
I've even used the Internet
But nothing did I find.
In desperation, I asked Mr. Google
My searches to refine,
The reply from him was 'negative'
Not a thing was found online.

So, if inside your 'Inbox',
My Grandma you should see,
Please Copy, Scan and Paste her,
And send her back to me!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope to see you again tomorrow.  Vel

No comments:

Post a Comment